Welcome to My Page!

This blog is a collection of all of the original work I've done for my wife throughout the years in music and poetry. This hobby has been an important part of our relationship. It has always brought myself and others great joy.

Ethan

Thursday, October 15, 2009

One Sure Thing

This poem is for Tiana on our 5 year mark (10/15/09) of when we first started dating our freshman year.  I wanted to let her know how much her love means to me as "the one sure thing" in my life.  Back then, the future was completely unwritten with nothing that was certain.  We weren't really sure if we would end up together or not.  But now, even though there is still a lot of uncertainty for our future, at least now we have each other and can know that that will never change.  I love you Tiana!

 
One Sure Thing

It’s been five years since we embarked
To build the love we share today
A step, a step into the dark
Unsure of what lie in our way
Though path still has much yet to walk
At least you now can be assured
I’ll be there as a constant rock
In every thought and every word
No matter where we live or go
No matter what we choose to do
Tiana you should always know
I’ll live my life, and die, for you
Through love we gain the one sure thing
No need to fear what futures bring

No comments: