Welcome to My Page!

This blog is a collection of all of the original work I've done for my wife throughout the years in music and poetry. This hobby has been an important part of our relationship. It has always brought myself and others great joy.

Ethan

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Majesty


This is a poem I wrote for Tiana on Valentine's Day in 2009. We were in Temecula that weekend for Garrett's homecoming so we got to celebrate with the family at the Turner house (real romantic, huh?) Anyway, the inspiration for this poem came from our trip to Carmel during Christmas 2008. We went to the beach and watched the sunset. It was beautiful and bright and it turned everything orange. When I looked at Tiana's face in that lighting, it was the most beautiful thing I ever saw. I took a picture and made a little collage above. So the poem was an effort to recreate that night and tell Tiana how beautiful she really is.


Majesty
for Valentines Day, 2009

Your skin reflects the sunset glow
Of shimm’ring ocean, orange and light
A breeze is faint and sandy white
As tide begins to swell and grow
The waves are peaceful, ebb and flow
The distant caw of birds in flight
How warm the sun and cool the night
A gentle kiss before we go
The world is full of Majesty
By human hand or God divine
But none have e’er impressed on me
As when I see your face so shine
My heart will stay by soothing sea
Holding you, my valentine

No comments: