Welcome to My Page!

This blog is a collection of all of the original work I've done for my wife throughout the years in music and poetry. This hobby has been an important part of our relationship. It has always brought myself and others great joy.

Ethan

Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Hourglass

This is a poem that I wrote for Tiana right before I left on my mission. I put it to a chord progression at one point but I've completely forgotten it and never wrote it down. Anyway, the words are pretty self-explanatory. Just one last way to express the anxiety of leaving your girlfriend behind for two years.

The Hourglass
Ethan Deceuster 2005

The hourglass rests on the table top
Time is softly passing by
Days come and days will go
But time will never die
A jet plane is taking off
Songs, laughter and memories
I may be gone a long time
But my love will never leave

Will I still see my face in your eyes?
Will I still have a place in your heart?
The hourglass can rip all the stars from the sky
But can it tear us apart?
I can't say for sure, but I can surely say
Time will be kind and everything will work out okay

The hourglass rests on the table top
Time is quickly rushing by
Lovers come and lovers will go
But love will never die

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Love the poem, very touching. I find it humerous that you and Tiana both have pictures of the two of you kissing with your eyes closed on your blogs. Does she make fun of your smile or something? We need to see you guys.