Welcome to My Page!

This blog is a collection of all of the original work I've done for my wife throughout the years in music and poetry. This hobby has been an important part of our relationship. It has always brought myself and others great joy.

Ethan

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Tiana

I actually came up with the idea for this one on my mission. I scribbled the lyrics in my journal and then later refined them when I was at home. I always wanted to put it to this reggae horn section. To me, the horns sounded like the trumpets of angels. So I kinda gave the lyrics an angel theme. The chorus is meant to go "Tiana" to the horns' melody, like the angels are all singing about her and playing their horns for her. The other themes in the lyrics are bits of other songs and artists, i.e. "embraceable (Embraceable You)", "on a Miles Davis set", "I can see clearly now... (Jimmy Cliff)", "Rock with me (Peter Tosh)" "Madonna, Sinatra, Moonlight Sonata, Smokey" you get the point. All the greats of music, all the great songs, all remind me of my girl, my angel, Tiana.

Tiana Tiana
Ethan Deceuster 2007

This ain't nothin' new you never heard before
But I'm gonna sing it to you just once more

My love for her was predictable
Cuz her sweet smile's irresistable
She's embraceable, she's irreplaceable
I just knew that she was gonna be my angel
She got them deep brown eyes that I can't forget
Like a mesmerizin' solo on a Miles Davis set
Love's a gamble, but I'm willin' to bet
That this baby girl ain't ever gonna jet

I know I know we were meant to be
Cuz I prayed to the Lord and she was sent to me
I had a dream, saw her sittin' in a cloud
And all the other angels started singin' out loud

Tiana, Tiana

Darlin I'ma love you just the best that I can
Cuz ya make me feel like a real man
But I was trippin' tears drippin' and I'm sorry I ran
I left my heart back in San Fran
But I can see clearly now the rain is gone
And I made my way back where I belong
Rock with me baby all night long
And I promise that I'll never do ya wrong

I know I know we were meant to be
Cuz I prayed to the Lord and you were sent to me
I had a dream, saw you sittin' in a cloud
And all the other angels started singin' out loud

Tiana, Tiana

Let me tell ya 'bout this pretty little daughta named Tiana
Man she's hot like Madonna, man she's cool like Sinatra
She's a masterpiece like a Moonlight Sonata
I seen her walkin' on wata, but I caughta, now I
Gotta by my side and I went and baught a claddaugh
De nada mamacita, seat ya in me familia
Senorita we a gonna love from here to Tiajuana
And ya'll can call me Smokey I be cruisin' with Tiana
She looked up and she smiled at me
Then she kissed me on the cheek and said I love you Lil D
With that lovin' so sweet, make me feel so strong
So I joined along with the throng sang along singin'

Tiana, Tiana
Tiana, Tiana

No comments: