Welcome to My Page!

This blog is a collection of all of the original work I've done for my wife throughout the years in music and poetry. This hobby has been an important part of our relationship. It has always brought myself and others great joy.

Ethan

Friday, November 21, 2008

Beauty and the Bum

This song was written before I met Tiana. It was just a generic song that I wrote with some funny/interesting lyrics. It was basically written as a song for Brad Nowell of Sublime to perform. But I try my best anyway (see the mp3 on the bottom of the page.) So it doesn't reflect my life or any relationship I've had, except maybe the chorus. Other than that, it is just a fun fictional song I made early in 2004. Lots and lots of editing went into this one.

Beauty and the Bum
Ethan Deceuster (2004)

A little bit of you goes a long, long way
Just one hit and you take me away
to that place, place where I wanna stay
But my rent ran out just yesterday
Baby baby can I borrow a dime?
I swear I'll pay you back some other time
All I need is enough to get by
No I don't wanna work a 9 to 5
A cardboard box will have to do
Cuz I can't keep a job and I can't live with you
but all I wanna do
Just keep sittin on the curb and playin the blues

(Chorus)
Sometimes I pray that I'll find a way
To be the man that I wanna be
And if loving you is a crime, then I'll gladly do the time
Baby would you do the same for me?
Baby would you do the same for me?

I'm feelin yes I'm feelin like I'll never have a home
And I swear that I'm always gonna be alone
But you could come along and you could prove me wrong
Baby girl just don't take too long
Cuz I'm sick and tired of always gettin fired
And I'm sick and tired of feeling expired
I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired
Baby here's my resume please tell me I'm hired
My fire is burnin hot for you
Like a stolen watch or a new .22
But all I wanna do
Just lie in the gutter with a 40 and you

(Chorus)

Looks like she's straight out of a magazine
Looks like she's too good to be true
Looks like she's straight out of a wet dream
Looks like she knows just what to do
Why doesn't she want another dude?
Why does she stick to me like glue?
I'm not complaining cuz I love her too
I love her from her head down to her shoes

(Chorus)

And if ignorance is a crime then I'll have to pay the fine
Cuz I don't know why you love me
No I don't know why you love me
Cuz I'm a bum and you're a beauty
But still I love you and for whatever reason
You love me

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Oh Ethan! I love your little biography, you are such a good kid. I love ya, and your musical talent. What an awesome blog, I can't wait to listen to all the music you have posted.