I wrote this poem for Tiana for her first day of school. She went to teach for the very first time and I had a nice dinner waiting for her at home. Afterwards, we danced to some music and then I gave her this poem. It's pretty self-explanatory.
The Old Dream
Ethan Deceuster 2008
Thoughts of you flood into my mind
As I surge from the dark and awaken in the night
I try to ebb back into the still void of sleep
But the air is cool and the moon glows bright
I feel your welcome warmth, and turn towards your face
And I can faintly remember the old dream…
Her affectionate brown eyes penetrating his gaze
Enchantment in their delicate gleam
She beckons with her loving arms to carefully embrace him
His yearning vanishes immediately
All of his desire, his whole purpose rests within her
In relief, he submits to her love endlessly
When he arises in the sunlight, the hunger would return
His mind would sadden; his heart would burn
Living with a sense of absence and patience
Then once again would his lonely soul yearn.
I cease my painful recollection of earlier years
With haste I touch you beside me
Content, I wane down to a barren sleep
Knowing the old dream is now reality
And so, my Tiana, as I possess your love
There simply remains nothing left to dream of.
No comments:
Post a Comment