Welcome to My Page!

This blog is a collection of all of the original work I've done for my wife throughout the years in music and poetry. This hobby has been an important part of our relationship. It has always brought myself and others great joy.

Ethan

Friday, October 24, 2008

Blue Kisses

I wrote and recorded this song shortly before leaving on my mission. It was made for Tiana, of course. The lyrics are all about how much I love to kiss her and how much I will miss her while I was away. I remember the initial inspiration came because when I used to walk Tiana to work in the mornings sometimes, we'd kiss goodbye and I could taste her kiss on my lips for a while afterwards. That's how I came up with the first verse, then the rest wrote itself.

Blue Kisses
Ethan Deceuster 2005

Her sweet kisses in the morning
Last me till the sun goes down
Her sweet kisses in the morning
Last me till the sun goes down
But when the cold night comes
I'm gonna need another round

When she kisses me, I feel like I could be a king
When she kisses me, I feel like I could be a king
I'm gonna put on my crown baby
And I'm gonna make you my queen

When I kissed my baby for the very first time
When I kissed my baby for the very first time
I thought I was dreaming
I just couldn't believe that she was mine

A kiss can be magical
Well worth the wait
A kiss can be magical
Well worth the wait
I'm gonna miss you so bad my baby
And your sweet kisses everyday

Come here now baby, come on and give me a kiss
Come here now baby, come on and give me a kiss
Cuz ain't nothin in the whole wide world
Could ever be as sweet as this

No comments: