Welcome to My Page!

This blog is a collection of all of the original work I've done for my wife throughout the years in music and poetry. This hobby has been an important part of our relationship. It has always brought myself and others great joy.

Ethan

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Special Ti

This is the first song I ever wrote for Tiana. It was back in our freshman year when we had been dating for maybe a month or two. We went up to Squaw Peak at night and I played this song for her in the car. She loved it! Except she was still a little uncomfortable at that point with saying "I love you" to each other. So that part of the song was a little awkward. Also, when I first came home from my mission and we were still just friends, I played this song for her on the front porch. It was a little awkward again, so I think I substituted some of the love words on the spot. There was also a time I played it at her family's house in Christmas 2004. I'm sure that her parents didn't appreciate the "nice big butt" line. In fact, when I played it in front of their gramma, I was asked to edit that part. So I substituted "that sexy little scar and that nice big butt" to "and I love it when you wear your hair up." Funny, huh? So this is mainly just a fun song about random inside jokes from freshman year:

- two peanut butter cups= Tiana left me Reese's on my door once, it quickly became our candy of choice
- that sexy little scar and that nice big butt=the scar on her eyebrow that she thinks is ugly (but is really hot) and her beautiful backside
- sweet=we had a funny way of saying this word, the stereotypical RM way, "SWEET!!!"
- user man=we always joked that we were just using each other for this or that

- cascade springs=our first date
- hella vitor=something random someone wrote on the elevator doors at T-Hall, we decided it meant good.
- U-turns=made a lot of those when we were dating since we were new to Provo, specifically when I tried to go to the Provo Town Center by driving all the way down Center St.
- might not get all the hints=we talked in the Morris Center 3 times before we exchanged numbers, even though Tiana really wanted me to get it the first time.


Special Ti
Ethan Deceuster 2004

You've got those big brown eyes like two peanut butter cups
That sexy little scar, ooh and that nice big butt
And if you were a dude
Then I'd probably be gay
Good thing you're a girl cuz I just don't swing that way

I hate when you're late, every time we meet
Just playin cuz waitin for you is really sweet
And I don't care how you do your hair
Now you always look so good
I'm gonna love you like a user man should

(Chorus)
You are just what the doctor prescribed
Oh, you're right up my alley
I love you more than these clumsy words could ever describe
Oh, and I only wanna make you happy
Cuz you are my Special Ti

Rule number one, Tiana is always right
Playing tricks and laughing at me when I stop at the green light
Cascade springs and all of these things
Make me feel hella vitor
Every time I'm with you, I want you even more

Putting miles on the caddy but never gettin very far
U-turn after u-turn getting lost in the car
Lots of beauty in the valley
Mountains and the trees
But nothing out there could ever compare
To the girl in my front seat

When you touch my head, I feel like I could touch the sky
And when you kiss me, feels like I could die
And when we part it breaks my heart
Cuz I only wanna be with you
My lady, my baby, my ruca, my boo

(Chorus)

Anywhere you walk, I worship the ground
Anytime you talk, I cherish the sound

(Chorus)

Now hold up, hold up, let me take it down just a bit
Tiana, oh Tiana there's something I've got to admit
Now I might not get all the hints
I might be just a little bit slow
But I knew that you were special, you had me at hello

Put all the jokes aside, I'm really in love with you
Look at my eyes, baby girl and you can see that it's true
And I know now that I have found
Everything I need
Tiana Marie Turner, my very special Ti

No comments: