Welcome to My Page!

This blog is a collection of all of the original work I've done for my wife throughout the years in music and poetry. This hobby has been an important part of our relationship. It has always brought myself and others great joy.

Ethan

Friday, October 10, 2008

When You Said Yes

This was the song that I wrote for Tiana for our wedding day! I played and sang it to her at our reception (wasn't my best performance, but it worked.) The first verse is a recap of our relationship to that point: we met, fell in love, I went on a mission, came home, we got back together, and then got engaged. The first chorus is meant to express when she said yes to "Will you marry me?" Then the second verse states the feelings of that day and ends with a proposal for Tiana to say yes to: "Tiana Marie/will you be mine/and love me for the rest of time?" This is meant to signify the temple sealer asking Tiana if she will give herself to me as my wife and take me as her husband, to which, thankfully, she replied "yes." The second chorus then is meant to express when she said yes in the temple. Finally, a love song that is not one about waiting. Satisfaction!


When You Said Yes
Ethan Deceuster 2008

It seemed by chance
That I found you
But this destined love
Has proven true
A hopeful wait
Long to endure
Could not separate a love so pure
A garden walk
At last the kiss
Hands interlock
And love confessed
By mountain brook
Down on one knee
I asked you to marry me

(Chorus)
When you said yes, my heart was bound
My whole life has led to this
Today my soul has been sealed whole
Through a holy promise
Absolute bliss and complete happiness
When you said yes

You've blessed my life
With your sweet touch
And through the years
Given me so much
We've sewn the good
And seen dismay
But a rose lies beyond a thorny way
And now we reap
With joy unbound
The beauty of
This love we've found
Tiana Marie
Will you be mine
And love me for the rest of time?

(Chorus)

All dressed in white
You made the vow
Forever is just beginning now

No comments: