For our 6th anniversary in 2014, I wrote Tiana a new tune. This song has a bunch of inside references such as: "let's make it bubble" referring to the blemish we put in the windshield of the Cadillac, "police don't intervene" referring to the police that used to bust us in Provo after dark in the park, "Leno" because of those late nights staying up to watch one of our favorite comedians, "blue moon rising" to connect the time we spent on the porch of my "blue moon" single housing in Provo and the time we spend now on our own front porch, and "feeling kinda sick all day" about the day we both woke up throwing up and were completely helpless but still found a way to laugh and try to make the best of a bad situation.
Best Friend
Play you those songs that make you feel 18
Love you now and then and everything in between
Let's make it bubble if you know what I mean
Keep your fingers crossed the police don't intervene
Cause every time I see you baby I just wanna smile
Beautiful face and a genuine style
Come and a sit ya down and we can kick it for a while
You, me, and Leno on the TV dial
Uh huh, oh yes, you are my best friend, again and again
Uh huh, oh yes, you are my best friend, always have been
Blue moon rising on the
porch outside
Guitar in my hand and my
girl beside
Sit and watch the lightning luminate the sky
Forget it for a minute bout the kids inside
Cause everything I do I wanna do it with you
Everywhere I go I wanna get a table for two
We can be together till the evening's through
Wake up every morning right next to you
Even when we're feeling kinda sick all day
Still having fun and keep on laughing anyway
Remember that whatever happens you will always stay
My very best friend till my dying day
No comments:
Post a Comment